- 1 lb chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups short-grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley or lemon wedges
- In a large paella pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and chorizo to the pan and cook until they are browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper to the pan, cooking until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika and saffron to the pan, stirring to combine.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat it with the oil and spices.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pan and bring it to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the rice cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until they are pink and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or lemon wedges, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Paella!