- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, cut into thick strips
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 yellow or green bell pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- French fries, cooked, for serving
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, ground cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the beef strips to the marinade and toss to coat. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over high heat.
- Add the marinated beef and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes, or until browned and cooked to your desired level of doneness. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion strips and sauté for about 2 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Add the tomato wedges and bell pepper strips to the skillet and continue to stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until they are slightly tender.
- Return the cooked beef to the skillet and toss it with the vegetables.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro over the mixture and give it a final toss.
- Serve the Lomo Saltado hot, accompanied by French fries and cooked white rice.
Enjoy the vibrant flavors and textures of Peruvian Lomo Saltado!
BEEF, FRENCH FRIES, LOMO SALTADO, ONION, PAPRIKA, PERU, POTATOES, RED WINE VINEGAR, SOY SAUCE, TOMATO