- 2 lbs lamb shoulder, cut into chunks
- 1 large head of cabbage, chopped into wedges
- 2-3 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- Salt, to taste
- Optional: potatoes, for serving
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, place a layer of cabbage at the bottom of the pot.
- Add a layer of lamb on top of the cabbage, and season with salt and a few peppercorns.
- Continue layering the cabbage and lamb, seasoning each layer with salt and peppercorns, until all of the ingredients are used up.
- Pour enough water into the pot to just cover the lamb and cabbage.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 2-3 hours, or until the lamb is tender and the cabbage is cooked through.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve hot, with boiled potatoes on the side if desired.
Enjoy your homemade Fårikål! It’s a delicious and comforting meal, perfect for chilly autumn evenings.