- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly add the warm water to the dry ingredients while stirring to form a smooth batter. Mix until there are no lumps left in the batter.
- Cover the batter with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- In a deep frying pan or pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Use a spoon to scoop the batter into the hot oil, making small, round balls of batter (about 1-2 tablespoons per puff).
- Fry the puffs in batches until they are golden brown on all sides, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the puffs from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil.
- Serve the puffs warm and enjoy!
Puff Puff is a tasty snack that can be enjoyed on its own or with a dip such as a spicy tomato sauce or a sweet and tangy tamarind sauce.