- 1 whole Edam cheese (about 1 lb)
- 1 lb cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled onions
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut off the top of the Edam cheese and remove the inside, leaving a shell of about 1/4 inch.
- In a skillet, sauté the chopped onions, bell pepper, and celery in the butter until soft.
- Add the shredded chicken, parsley, tomato paste, raisins, olives, pickled onions, and sliced almonds. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the cheese shell, packing it in tightly.
- Place the cheese with the chicken filling in a baking dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Keshi Yena is typically served with rice and beans, and is a delicious representation of the unique flavors of the Netherlands Antilles.
CHEESE, CHICKEN, EDAM CHEESE, KESHI YENA, NETHERLANDS ANTILLE, ONION, PARSLEY, SHREDDED CHICKEN, TOMATO PASTE