- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 lb ground beef or lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and warm water to form a dough. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth. Cover with a damp towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, chopped onion, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll them out into thin circles, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Place a spoonful of the meat mixture in the center of each dough circle.
- Pinch the edges of the dough together to form a small purse, making sure to seal the filling inside.
- Place the dumplings in a steamer basket and steam for about 15-20 minutes, or until the dough is cooked through and the filling is hot.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the steamed dumplings and fry for a few minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with soy sauce or any dipping sauce of your choice.
Enjoy your delicious Mongolian Buuz!