- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (scallions)
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, finely diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: lettuce leaves for serving
- Place the bulgur wheat in a bowl and cover it with water. Let it soak for about 20-30 minutes until it becomes tender. Drain any excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the soaked bulgur wheat, chopped parsley, mint leaves, green onions, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss well to combine, ensuring all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste by adding more salt, pepper, or lemon juice if desired.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the Tabbouleh for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, you can line a platter with lettuce leaves and spoon the Tabbouleh on top for an attractive presentation.
- Serve the Tabbouleh chilled as a refreshing salad or as a side dish with grilled meats or falafel.
Enjoy this vibrant and healthy Lebanese dish!
BULGUR WHEAT, CUCUMBER, LEBANON, LEMON JUICE, LETTUCE, MINT, ONION, PARSLEY, SCALLIONS, TABBOULEH, TOMATOES