- 1 kg of meat (chicken, beef, or lamb), cut into pieces
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 200 grams of peanut butter
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, sliced
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cubed
- 2 cups of water or broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pot and sauté until they become translucent.
- Add the meat to the pot and brown it on all sides.
- Stir in the peanut butter and mix well until it melts and coats the meat.
- Add the tomatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, and eggplant to the pot.
- Pour in the water or broth and stir everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Cover the pot and let the stew simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and add more water if needed to maintain the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the Domoda hot with rice or couscous.
Enjoy your Gambian Domoda!
BROTH, BUTTER, CARROTS, CHICKEN, DOMODA, EGGPLANT, GAMBIA, GARLIC, ONION, PEANUT BUTTER, POTATOES, TOMATOES