- 6 cups of fresh corn (or 2 cans of corn)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 kg of minced meat (beef or chicken)
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- If using fresh corn, remove the kernels from the cob. If using canned corn, drain and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the corn with the milk until smooth.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until softened.
- Add the minced meat to the pan and cook until browned, breaking up any large chunks with a spatula.
- Add the raisins, chopped hard-boiled eggs, sugar, salt, pepper, and cumin to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Spread the meat mixture evenly in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Pour the corn mixture over the meat, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Chilean “Pastel de Choclo”!