Byrek me spinaq (spinach pie).
- 500g fresh spinach
- 300g feta cheese
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package of filo pastry (8-10 sheets)
- Wash the spinach and chop it finely.
- In a pan, sauté the onion in olive oil until it is transparent.
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the yogurt and crumbled feta cheese.
- Add the spinach to the bowl with the egg and cheese mixture, stirring well.
- Take a pie dish and brush it with olive oil.
- Place a sheet of filo pastry on the pie dish and brush it with olive oil. Continue with 3-4 more sheets of filo pastry, brushing each sheet with olive oil.
- Pour the spinach mixture into the pie dish and cover with another 3-4 sheets of filo pastry, brushing each sheet with olive oil.
- Bake the pie at 180°C for about 30-40 minutes or until it is golden and crispy.
- Serve hot or cold.
Enjoy your meal!