Here’s another popular dish from Mali called “Bogobe,” which is a traditional porridge made from sorghum or maize flour:
- 1 cup of sorghum or maize flour
- 4 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- Optional toppings: milk, butter, sugar, or honey
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sorghum or maize flour with a little bit of water to form a smooth paste.
- Slowly pour the flour paste into the boiling water, stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the porridge thickens.
- Add salt to taste and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the porridge cool slightly.
- Serve the Bogobe hot in bowls and top it with milk, butter, sugar, or honey according to your preference.
Bogobe is often enjoyed as a comforting breakfast or as a filling meal. It can be served alone or accompanied by side dishes such as vegetables or meat. Enjoy your homemade Bogobe!