- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Fresh fruits (such as strawberries, kiwi, or passion fruit) for topping
- Preheat the oven to 120°C (250°F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites using an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add caster sugar, a spoonful at a time, while continuing to beat the egg whites until they become thick and glossy.
- Gently fold in the cornstarch, vinegar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking tray, shaping it into a round or individual nests.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until the pavlova is crisp on the outside but still soft on the inside.
- Turn off the oven and leave the pavlova inside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, carefully transfer the pavlova to a serving plate.
- Fill the center of the pavlova with whipped cream and top with fresh fruits.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note: The pavlova is delicate, so handle it gently when transferring and topping it.