- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 500 grams of lamb meat (cut into cubes)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 1 cup of carrots (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of almonds (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon of saffron
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Put the rice in a bowl and cover it with cold water. Let it soak for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large pan, melt the butter and add the lamb meat. Brown the meat for 5-7 minutes until it is golden. Remove the meat from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add the chopped onions and cook them until they become soft and transparent. Add the carrots and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the lamb meat back to the pan and mix well. Then add the raisins, toasted almonds, ginger, garlic, cumin, cardamom, saffron, salt, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients well and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Drain the rice from the water and add it to the pan with the meat and vegetables. Add enough hot water to cover the rice by about one centimeter. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook over medium-low heat for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the water has evaporated.
- Serve the hot Kabuli Pulao, garnished with toasted almonds and sliced hard-boiled eggs.
Enjoy your meal!